Gentle yoga uses various props to allow people to stay in poses for a long time, without any discomfort, stress, strain, injury risk and pain. Compared to more dynamic yoga practices, gentle yoga requires more attention and receptiveness. It involves a different kind of muscular engagement.
If you have yet to try gentle yoga, here are some very good reasons to start:
1. Gentle yoga helps you reach an optimal alignment.
2. The beneficial effects of restorative yoga have the time to reach nerves and organs, including respiratory, circulatory and nervous systems.
3. Gentle yoga relaxes and regenerates both the body and the mind.
4. Gentle yoga improves flexibility without injury risk or pain if done with mindfulness, care and respect for the body.
5. Because gentle yoga relaxes the mind, it helps relieve anxiety. It is not the only form of yoga that allows that, but its results are faster compared to other practices.… Read the rest